ANZHNCS Annual Scientific Meeting
Melbourne, Australia | 26 Jul 2018 to 28 Jul 2018
Name of Host : ANZHNCS
Name of Institution : ANZHNCS
URL of Institution : https://anzhncs.org
Brief Summary :
The ANZHNCS celebrated World Head and Neck Cancer Day during our Annual Scientific Meeting this year with;
- Opening address on WHNC via video link by Professor Jatin Shah celebrating the global relationship that IFHNOS and ANZHNCS hold and the relevance of holding a session dedicated to advancing head and neck oncological services in the developing world.
- Launch of the second edition of ‘The Swallows’ this event was chaired by Julie Mccrossin, former ABC radio broadcaster, freelance journalist and importantly 5-year survivor of head and neck cancer. Julie interviewed 3 guests Ms Ingrid Plueckhahn, Tobacco Treatment Specialist Nurse, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre; Mr Marty Doyle, head and neck cancer survivor and coordinator of Head and Neck Cancer Support Australia and Manager Business & Communications, Beyond Five Ms Nadia Rosen regarding their “Soup for the Soul” fundraiser.
- A ‘Beyond Five’ exhibition booth to provide members with access to their educational resources and to facilitate the selling of WHNCD ribbons.
ANZHNCS members across Australia and New Zealand have also conducted the following activities in to celebrate WHNCD;
- Screening clinics in their local hospital
- Book launches of the second edition of ‘the Swallows’
- Patient and carer forums to provide education and support
Media Coverage :
URL of the event :